How To Hire A Plumber For Renovation Project?
Re modelling your kitchen and bathroom gives a brand new look to it. Often times there are certain things that we like about our present kitchen or bathroom and somethings are there that we would prefer doing away with. We also want some add-ons when we go for a remodeling. If you have a re modelling plan in your mind, always call a reliable and licensed plumber who has experience of handling re modelling projects. Let’s see how to hire a plumber and get him started with the re modelling job.
• You should know that a plumber cannot handle all kinds of plumbing jobs. He has his specialities. A person who only carries out repair works cannot do much when he is hired to carve out a sparkling bathroom from the present dilapidated one. The quickie-plumber trucks that ply all over the town are repair ones. The best way to hire a plumber for re modelling project is asking your friend and neighbor who recently hired one for such a job. Get contacts of a couple of plumbers.
• Give each plumber a separate schedule to come and take a look at the area that is to be re modelled. Tell them what you need as a result of the re modelling. Ask them to tell you what requires to be done. Take note of each plumber‘s list of tasks and the materials that each would need to carry it out. In this context you should know that most plumbers arrive ready to work. He will not be keen upon spending hours in drawing out plans or talking to you. This because these are down times that cut into his revenue.
• Ask them to give you a detailed cost estimate. You should know if they have a fixed rate or an hourly one. Also know the rates of non-plumbing tasks. Some plumbers with hourly rates may also charge for hours when they wait for on-site delivery of parts. Make sure you are clear about these aspects. Know if the plumber is bonded and have worker's compensation and liability insurance. Ask them if they would obtain a permit for you, although it is quite unlikely. If you are not in a tearing hurry, you can get into a lucrative deal by employing the plumber at one of his slow times.
• License is one of the most important factors. Log into your state's licensing website to see if a plumber is licensed. Check if there are any grievances registered against them. A licensed plumber is necessarily not a dexterous one, but he has satisfied the minimum requirements to secure a license. Also look into their experience, certifications, and qualifications. Word-of-mouth is a much better indicator of a plumber's value. Therefore ask the plumbers to give you contacts of their past clients, so that you can contact them to get a feedback.
• Also ask the plumbers about maintenance guarantees. For example if something goes wrong with the work done, would they come to fix the problem?
• Next, compare the prices as well as other parameters that are listed above to decide which plumber is best. Do not fall for the least expensive quote. Weigh each aspect to reach a decision.
• Once you hire plumber do not let him waste time on opening up walls, lighting dark basements, clearing crawlspaces. Keep these things before he arrives on the site. When he starts with the work, you do not have stand at his back as a chaperon. But remain within the calling distance so that if he has a question, you are there to answer it at once. Moreover by being on the site you will get a much better output.